It is rumored that McGruff, the Crime Dog has joined the Robert Mueller team:
Sources at the White House tell Veritaspac that President Trump is now very worried about the Special Counsel’s investigation.
Mr. Trump feels that the probe has taken a very serious turn, adding McGruff indicates that Mueller is at last reaching out for more competent investigators than he has had so far.
But, on a far more serious note:
WHERE ARE THEY.?..THE OBAMA HOLDOVERS AND FORMERS ARE OUT!
– Where are all those current and “alumni” agents and Bureau personnel who are alleged to be outraged by the discredit heaped on the DOJ and FBI by Mueller, Rosensterin, and Comey? Got writer’s cramp?
– Is it time to disband the FBI as it becomes more and more like a state secret police organization? Even if Trump does succeed in ridding Justice and the FBI of the corrupt leaders put in place by the previous administration, dangerous patterns of behavior have been established; What happens when an administration as corrupt as the previous one comes to power? May we see the same faces or at least people of the same ill-will toward America and as contemptuous toward the Constitution and America’s traditional values?
– The American people are constantly reminded that these entities (DOJ, FBI) are filled with dedicated, patriotic, hardworking men and women, committed to high purpose. We’ve seen, however, that when a few corrupt, dishonest individuals motivated by far less than noble aims take control, the efforts of the ‘dedicated’ agents and staffers are effectively directed toward the devious, dangerous and far less honorable ends chosen by the leadership.
– We constantly hear that many in the FBI and Justice are furious with the behavior and the tactics of the Loretta Lynches, the Comeys, the McCabes, and many other former top officials and key people put in place by the Obama regime. But where are they? They’ve continued to collect their pay, do as they are directed by the likes of Sally Yates or Peter Strzok, or any other superior, however unsavory the actions they are directed to do might be.
– We have also noted, and understand, that, when it’s all said and done, the rank and file agents, lawyers, and other staffers are people like every other average work-a-day American, with families and mortgages and pension benefits.
– And yet, we are also reminded almost daily how “dedicated and committed to a ‘high purpose or calling’…to the security of the American people and to the concept of justice for all” that these members of the FBI and Justice are…
– Well, then, we ask, where are they when so much in terms of national security and justice are at stake…guarding their livelihoods? or faithful to their “high calling”? DLH
Via The Hill:
More than 200 former Justice Department officials have signed onto a letter expressing support for special counsel Robert Mueller and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein amid speculation that President Trump could soon move to dismiss them.
“Many of us served with Robert Mueller and Rod Rosenstein,” the letter reads. “Those of us who served with these men know them to be dedicated public servants committed to these principles.”
“Not only is it an insult to their public service, but any attempt to corrupt or undermine the even-handed application of the rule of law threatens the foundation of our Republic,” the letter reads.
As of Saturday afternoon, the letter had been signed by 245 former officials.
The letter comes as speculation swirls that Trump could soon move to dismiss Rosenstein, who is charged with overseeing the investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.
Trump has also bristled at Mueller’s role in the Russia investigation, and has reportedly sought, at least twice, to remove him from office.
The president bridled this week at the news that FBI agents had raided the hotel room and office of his personal attorney, Michael Cohen, calling the search a “disgrace” and an “attack on our country.”
The raid was conducted after federal prosecutors in Manhattan obtained a search warrant based in part on a referral from Mueller.
Prosecutors revealed in court documents this week that Cohen has been the subject of a criminal investigation for months. The New York Times reported Friday that Trump’s advisers have become increasingly worried that the corruption probe involving Cohen could pose more of a threat to Trump’s presidency than the Russia investigation.